Sunday, July 10, 2011

National Teddy Bear Picnic Day!

Did you know today is National Teddy Bear Picnic Day?! I had no idea… but how fun!!  My daughters favorite-must-have-at-bedtime-worn-down-fur-because-he’s-loved-so-much toy is her “Winnie-The –Pooh” bear… I love that when she gets sleepy she rubs his paw back & forth under nose…

If I’d known ahead of time I would have planned some of these fun crafts with my daughter…  Now that I’m looking at these ideas & recipes I’m thinking this could be a fun theme for a kids b-day party too… have all the guests bring their bears… run wild w/ the ‘picnic’ theme… too cute!

These adorable little treat bags… so easy to whip up…

bear-your-heart-coockie-wrapping-valentine-craft-photo-260-FF0209VALENA12

These little paw cupcakes…

cub-cakes-recipe-photo-260-1294-FF12115X1

This website has some great craft ideas to get ready for your own Teddy Bear Picnic!!  How cute are these ‘fancy’ hats?!

hat4

 

It doesn’t have to be today… any nice day will do for a Teddy Bear picnic.  Maybe we’ll do a last minute one today… if we do I’ll post pics!!

P.S.- Don’ t forget the honey!!

“It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like ‘What about lunch?’ “ – Winnie the Pooh

po15

No comments: